Bathroom is an intensely private space and hence it should have elements that would add to the physical as well as the emotional well being of the person entering it. At the same time, it should meet the basic requirements of the family using it. Every family has at least one member who spends hours in the bathroom and most people think that they can only make crucial life altering decisions when they are in the tub! If you are having a bathroom renovated and considering a serious makeover, then here are five useful tips to help you:
1. The needs of the family change over time. So if there is need to make more room or floor space, then start by removing cabinets or burly sinks etc that you do not need. For example, a couple might just have a baby and now they will definitely need more space for the childâ€™s tub, baby commode or even extra shelves to store the babyâ€™s soaps and shampoos. There is no use just decorating a bathroom unless one has room enough to move about comfortably and hence creating adequate space should be the predominant concern.
2. It does not take much to create a stylish bathroom. Simply changing the fittings to something stylish by removing the old water stained ones can add to a good facelift. One can change the colour theme by adding new wall and floor tiles. Change the old bathtub that had been chipping in places. The lights can be changed as well- instead of the usual bulbs and tubes, one can opt for muted lantern styled lamps that give a nice and soft glow to the bathroom. By adding a combination of all or some of these aspects, one can create a new look.
3. If you are spending your money to do the bathroom, then you might as well spend it so that you get the most out of it. Opt for durable items. The bathroom is a place where a lot of water is used and water marks and rust stains are exceedingly ghastly to look at. Invest in fixtures that resist water and are less prone to such damages. In that way, not only will you spend a lot less time and energy while cleaning the bathroom, the fixtures will also last much longer.
4. Most people are so engrossed in maintaining the decor, that they forget about what is usually hidden from the eye- the plumbing. While renovating, have all the pipes checked, the drains unclogged and the leaking pipes replaced. You don’t want to overhaul your newly painted bathroom walls after barely a few months, just to do it all over again.
5. Create storage space. Try not to clutter the bathroom with show-piece items. Rather create storage space for important things like spare towels, napkins, toilet paper etc. It really helps in the long run.
If you have any queries about the home renovation or bathroom renovation, then please call us (087 2868700) or contact us. You can also drop a mail to us.