WHO ARE THEY?
* Building contractors are those who plan and direct demolition, construction and renovation of buildings. They are also known as construction managers, general contractors or construction contractors.
* They are responsible for regulating building projects, supplying materials, tools and labourers as per requirement in order to complete a project successfully.
* Apart from acquiring academic qualifications, professional expertise and a work license; the contractor needs to be trustworthy, reliable and must showcase a successful professional record.
KEEP THE FOLLOWING POINTERS IN MIND WHILE SELECTING A CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTOR:
* Find out whether his license is valid and insured.
* Ask for his certificate to validate whether he acquires a liability insurance.
* Find out whether he provides quotations for free.
* Understand whether he listens to you and caters to exactly what you need.* Observe whether they are punctual during the initial phases of interaction.
* Make a note of their professional presentation.
* Find out whether your contractor has proper credentials or just happens to be a former carpenter.
* Make sure he is able to understand architectural blueprints and is able to read through zoning laws and various other building codes.
AN IDEAL BUILDING CONTRACTOR DEMONSTRATES:
* In order to monitor a project efficiently, a contractor must have great organisational skills and firm leadership qualities otherwise there would be absolute confusion at the project site.* He must be able to encourage and foster his workers to become punctual.
* The contractor must also demonstrate multitasking abilities because he has to simultaneously strategise, co-ordinate with workers and organise a work schedule for them.
* In some countries, contractors are also responsible for arranging electricians, carpenters and plumbers as per requirement of a project site.
COMMUNICATION AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
* Since the contractor has to interact with people coming from different backgrounds, he must possess excellent communication and management skills. He has to show diplomacy to ensure that there is no friction at the project site.* He must possess the quality to build a proper team so that the project is wrapped up efficiently within a short span of time.* The contractor must have the ability to work under pressure.
* The contractor must make wise decisions to keep everyone happy. He should tactfully determine work hours and breaks for the labourers.* Since construction projects are costly, he must be able to finish the project on time.
* In order to contribute to a sustainable environment, a building constructor must focus on participating in a â€˜green constructionâ€™. A â€˜Green buildingâ€™ construction provides an opportunity to create healthier buildings that use resources more efficiently.
To Know more Contact us or call us (353 046 9739171)