Do you plan to embark on a do-it-yourself project? Before you take any further step, skim through the following 10 pointers that do not encourage you to rely on yourself on certain projects that are better left for professional contractors hands.
1. ELECTRICAL WORK
* Many home insurance policies and buildings need you you to get a valid permit, do a thorough inspection and then hire a licensed electrician before you want any electrical work to be done in your apartment.
* Replacing or extending circuits is a tricky business, one wrong move can shock you to death or burn your house down.
* This is a very scary activity to undergo all by yourself. Are you really aware of what is behind that wall or roof that you’re planning to demolish? One wrong slam and you might end up trapped and choked under a huge pile of debris!
3. HOME PLUMBING PROJECTS
* Faulty plumbing can lead you to a persistent wet and expensive future.
* One small plumbing mistake can result in waterlogging, damaged pipes or leaky taps.
4. ROOF REPAIRS
* Do not even think of repairing your roof all by yourself. Getting up and down the roof with all those tools increases your risk of falling down and in case you do, your medical bills are going to be higher than the cost of a professional who would’ve fixed your roof up in no time!
* Roof work is tiring and demands expertise, it you make a mistake youâ€™d probably end up with a long-term leaky roof and a costly water damage.
5. GAS APPLIANCE REPAIR
* Water and gas always have a tendency to leak and that is why it is best to rely on professionals.
* Something as simple as re-locating a stove may pose a major threat to your life. You might have been successful while relocating your stove and cutting off the gas supply line but might not have been equally careful while hooking it back; something as simple as that can result in severe carbon monoxide poisoning.
To Know more Contact us or call us (353 046 9739171)